Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cadiz y Sevilla

Hey guys,
I found out that there is free wifi internet in the plazas of Cadiz.

We arrived in Spain 4 days ago now and it has been quite incredible. My first day started out pretty tame. We got a large group of people together and walked the streets of Cadiz. We visited the Cathedral, the roman theater, and many other things. It was a fairly simple day with some pretty great sightseeing.

The next day we decided to head up to Sevilla by train. It was only a few hours by train and the rickety beat down train was actually quite comfortable. We arrived in Sevilla with way too many people in tow and had to split up. Our next goal was to find a hostal in order to spend the night. We found this really cool little hostal who's name I can't remember but it cost only 17 Euro a night per person. We then began to explore the old city of Sevilla. The Cathedral was exquisite and the streets were beautiful. We heard a rumor that there was a Spanish Cup match going on that night and went to get tickets. This was the best experience I have had yet. We got 30 Euro tickets behind the goal with all the crazy fans. It has always been a dream of mine to see a European soccer match and Sevilla won. They were playing Valencia and it was amazing. Sevilla scored in the 90th minute at the death and the eruption of the crowd was one of the craziest things I have ever seen. Seats were torn from the stadium, people were thrown, and a general ruckus ensued.

The next day we finished our tour of Sevilla in a very chill fashion. Just went and finished walking around the old town. We then returned to Cadiz because we needed a nap really bad. I'm currently sitting across from the Cathedral of Cadiz with Sangria in my hand and loving it. We have to leave tonight and it's going to be awesome.

To be honest, the country is beautiful, but the best part of this whole trip has been the food. The Spanish ham, cheese, sausage, wine, and ice cream are things that cannot be missed. I had so many great meals of Tapas and sandwiches. It's amazing here. The food was so fresh, so naturally preserved it was just so good.

Tomorrow I turn 21 and I'm stoked for that. The only problem is that I can't drink on my 21st birthday. That makes me very sad, but I'm sure I won't regret it when I get to Morocco the following day.

Love,
SAS

No comments:

Post a Comment