Sunday, January 11, 2009

Classes

As January 19th gets closer and closer, the excitement is building! I thought it would be cool to list my classes and what they are all about.

Course # Credits Title
MUSI 435Z 3 Mobile Interactive Computer Ensemble World Tour
PHYS 103Z 3 Physics for Mariners
SEMS 101 3 World Geography and the Human Mosaic (Global Studies)
SEMS 480-1 3 Economics of Money, Banking and Financial Markets

The class I'm most excited for is MUSI 435Z: Mobile Interactive Computer Ensemble World Tour. It is a class about the creation and performance of digital music. We get to create music and perform it around the world. We will be picking up instruments at different stops around the world and incorporating them with our music. We will be performing in different spots around the world. One of them will be in South Africa, where we will be performing in the desert at night. I'll be trying my best to keep everyone updated on the music and performances along the way.

Next is PHYS 103Z: Physics for Mariners. This class is about the physics of boats, the ocean, and navigation. We will be studying how to chart stars, calculate speed, etc. This should be a lot of fun and will be worth the time.

SEMS 101: World Geography and the Human Mosaic (Global Studies) is a class that the entire ship is required to take. We learn about the places we are visiting before we visit them. We will also be learning about the migration of the human race throughout the world and how society changes as the migration occurs. This should be fun. This is considered one of the highlights of trip.

Lastly there is SEMS 480-1: Economics of Money, Banking and Financial Markets. I like economics because it gives me a clue as to what is going on with money in this world and how to best use mine. This class looks interesting because we get to take a trip to the Chinese stock exchange and many other places in order to learn about financial markets today.

All of these classes are going to be fun and I can't wait to start them. I will be keeping you updated on how the classes are going and what we are learning as I go.

For now
SAS

I'll also leave you with a funny video of me snowboarding during my trip to Vermont over the past week. Thanks to Jason Truwit and Merideth Weakley for their exquisite commentary!

No comments:

Post a Comment