Friday, April 24, 2009

Final Exams and almost to Guatamala

Hey guys,
 
My trip around the world seems to be coming to an end rather quickly.  I'm sad the journey is almost over, but at the same time, I can't wait to be home.  Today was the last day of classes.  I turned in all my papers that I had left to turn in, finished up my last quizes, and did my last homeworks.  All I have left to do is take two exams, the first being tomorrow, and one final MICE performance.  Wish my luck!
 
We are getting closer and closer to Guatamala.  To be honest, it scares me.  First off, we got an email today from ISE saying:
 

Based on the current security assessment from ISE and its partners, the following precautions are required for Guatemala:

  • A mandatory curfew is in effect for all voyagers throughout the country.  Please be back in your hotel or on the ship by 2300.
  • ISE strongly discourages any independent travel to Guatemala City.
  • Avoid public buses in Guatemala city.
  • ISE strongly discourages travel to the airport unless traveling with an SAS trip or SAS sponsored transportation. 
  • Avoid independent travel to Tikal and remote areas of Tikal.
  • Use only reputable tour operators and reputable transportation providers.
  • Because of frequent highway robbery and hijackings independent travel should avoid any road at night, rural roads, and remote areas.
  • Hikers have been a frequent target by criminals.  Volcano hikes should be planned as a group and with reputable guides.
  • Independent Travel Forms should be filled out.
  • Review the  U.S. State Department Country Information sheet in the Health and Safety case in Tymitz Square.
  • Attend the preport and diplomatic briefings for more information.

Secondly, I have heard stories of very bad things happening to tourists.  Because of this, I'm pretty sure I won't be traveling very far from the ship.  This is our final stop on our way home.

 

Mom, don't get too worried about me :).

 

Love,

SAS

No comments:

Post a Comment