Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Final Day at Sea

Hey all!

The final day at sea!!!  Tomorrow we land in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida as our final destination.  This has been a long trip around the world and I am ready to get home. 

Today was our convocation, or pseudo-graduation, from the Semester at Sea program.  I had the honor of being recognized as a student leader.  I was one of 7 kids to win the Semester at Sea Leadership and Service Award for the Spring 2009 voyage.  I was also recognized for having a 4.0 GPA on the Semester at Sea voyage, with about 20 other students.  I also was recognized as a Distinguished Individual of Academic Excellence for my work in MICE over the last semester.  For this I got to participate in the Academic Gallery a few days ago in order to showcase my work within MICE. 

Packing is finished; they have my big heavy bags in holding so they can offload them after we arrive in the morning.  Almost all is set.  I can just chill the rest of today and tomorrow night I will be home. 

It is hard to try and sum up what this trip has meant to me.  At different stages it meant different things.  I’m so glad to have done this and remember it is never too late to go on this journey yourself.  I will post a nice long post after I get home and I have a little time to process what this trip has meant to me and how it has changed me.  I will also write about how I hope to continue to live the voyage in my life.  Please, if you have enjoyed reading this blog and following along with my travels, go to www.semesteratsea.org and apply.  It is one of the best and most life changing experiences one could ever have. 

Please keep in touch, Facebook me, Steven Trombetta, and please write me at spt5t@virginia.edu.  I hope to continue blogging on different things coming up in my life, like my summer in Seattle, next summer at the World Cup, and so on, so stay tuned for that!

I love you all,

Steven at Sea (SAS)

No comments:

Post a Comment