Saturday, May 2, 2009

Update at Sea


Hi,
So yesterday turned out to be a great day for myself aboard the MV Explorer. First off I found out I was nominated as a Distinguished Individual of Academic Excellence for my work in MICE. Only a small percentage of the students aboard Semester at Sea were nominated for this and we will be participating in the Academic Gallery in order to display our work to the rest of the ship.

The programming and events committee and I have been leading a photo contest from each port. There is one winner from each port and it is judged by the voyage photographer John. I found out that I won the Hawaii contest! That means I got 30 free internet minutes to use now! The photo is of a young girl looking at the wall of names of the people who died aboard the USS Arizona during the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Finally, the day ended very well when I found out that I received an A+, that's right, not just an A but an A+, in Money and Banking. I'll take an A+ any day of the week, especially on a college transcript.

Today is another free day, so lets hope its as good as yesterday. Then it's off to the Panama Canal!

-Steven at Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment