Monday, February 9, 2009

NEPTUNE DAY UPDATE

Hey guys,

  Since getting back on the ship in Morocco we have been cruising along pretty smoothly as the weather has been good, classes pretty much the same, and I’ve been back to working out. We started an intramural coed volleyball tournament and my team is now 2 and 0! I’ll be playing soccer tonight as 3v3 soccer has become a regularity while at sea. I enjoy playing soccer much more than spending money at pub night. They charge us $3.50 a beer or a glass of wine. Neither is really worth the price. I’ve enjoyed my fair share, but 4 beers as a limit is kinda limiting in things you can do while drinking. 

  Today is Neptune Day, the day we cross the equator. We don’t have classes today because of it which is very fun. They woke us up at 7 AM in order to start the celebration. The celebration included a parade of crew and people who have been on past voyages as well as the captain dressed up as the king, King Neptune. They proceeded to initiate passengers into the court of King Neptune by pouring some green liquid over them, jumping into the pool, kissing the kings ring, and then kissing a fish. Then people who wanted to were able to shave their heads in honor of the occasion. It was an interesting little event, but since it was at 9 AM I wasn’t in the mood to shave my head.

  Today at 2 we had our second concert with MICE. We played a song called Sxueax which is a song played with squeaky toys. It was a lot of fun. It was more of a performance then a song. I had a lot of fun with it. I got to play a character, which is always a good time. People seemed to really enjoy it, even though it only lasted about 5 and a half minutes. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

That’s all I got for now, time to do some homework.

Love,

SAS

1 comment:

  1. You should have shaved your head....or maybe your back. Dad just got facebook, friend him.

    ReplyDelete