Friday, February 13, 2009

Update as We Close In on Namibia

Hey hey,

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and our first day in Namibia. We have some cool things planned for tonight and tomorrow. I have joined the programming and events committee aboard the MV Explorer. We are a group of about 9 that plans different active and passive events on board. For Valentine's Day, I designed a few Valentine's for people to use and we have been collecting hundreds of them in order to deliver tonight. We will have an army of deliverer's in order to deliver all of them. We have also planned a few other things, like assassins, an "overheard on SAS" book, a photo contest, and more. I really like being a part of the committee as it makes me feel like I'm adding to the joy of the trip for everyone. 

 

In Namibia, the first day we will be doing a concert in the desert with MICE. We will be playing a new peice called "Sand Prints" where we play the sand as if its an instrument and pick up the sounds using underground microphones. It should be very picturesque and fun. The second day I'll be going on an Eco-Marine Kayaking adventure. We get to see local waterlife up close and personal while kayaking in Walvis Bay. After that I have no plans for the rest of my time in Namibia. I'll be curious to know what the food is like and what the markets are like.

 

I took my first exam of the voyage today. It was in Physics for Mariners. It was It only took me about 30 minutes to complete thoroughly. I'm pretty sure I did well on it, which is all that matters if you ask me.

 

Yesterday was a good day, I got word that the US beat Mexico in soccer, I played Scrabble, and I got a lot of work done. The only bad thing that happened was that I spent the last of my internet time watching highlights of the soccer game. I can still use wikipedia, virginia.edu, and nytimes.com but other then that I can't check anything until I buy more time.

 

That is all I have to say for now!

 

Love,

SAS

No comments:

Post a Comment